Serve the Childrens Ministry
Volunteering with Club 56 has reminded us of what it means to have ‘faith like a child.’ [It] does not mean being naïve or ignoring tough questions. These kids have adult-like conversations, yet they are still children, dependent on their parents to pick them up after the hour and take them home. This has reminded us that child-like faith means depending on God like children. Club 56 kids and volunteers alike are all children dependent on the same Father, who loved us so much that he sent his Son to die for us and save us from our sin.
—Mark and Lucy, Club 56 volunteers
Apply to serve our children's ministry
- Invested: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
- Called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
- Equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
- Needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
- Community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. One parent expressed how the community of Children’s Ministry volunteers helps their family stay in the city.
- Preschool large group assistant: Assist the large group leader with worship and storytelling. If you are gifted in creative ways of communicating and connecting with preschool-aged students then this would be a great opportunity for you.
- Preschool tech support: This is a behind-the-scenes role, providing computer graphics and video support for the large group program. If you are attentive, have some knowledge of computers and have good technical intuition, this would be a great opportunity for you.
- Elementary large group and worship assistants: Assist the large group leader with worship and storytelling. If you are gifted in creative ways of communicating and connecting with elementary-aged students then this would be a great opportunity for you.
- Small group leaders: Small group leaders help lead activities in the classroom with smaller groups of children. Leaders will be provided with a good understanding of the week’s lesson so they can facilitate activities to help children understand and apply the material.
- Family greeters: Prior to one of the services, welcome families and assist them with check-in.
Expectations for our volunteers
- Completion of the application process as explained above.
- Teams: Once you join the Children’s Ministry, you are placed on a team. You serve with your team every other week in the same classroom. This is to build deeper community with your teammates and with the children.
- Nursery parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of three times a year. We count on you. Promptness and appropriate preparation are required.
- Adherence to Children’s Ministry policies.
What you can expect from us
- Free annual MP3 subscription or free CD on the Sunday you serve.
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
- Most importantly: Joy in knowing you are impacting the lives of children for all eternity!