Serve on Sundays
Are you interested in serving our West Side congregation, growing your community, and having fun? If you are, sign up for one of our Sunday Service Teams!
go to the West Side Sunday Service Team Volunteer Sign-up form
openings at these services
|Communion (must be a church member)||All|
- Usher Team: Our teams of ushers are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, comfortable and free of distractions to support the worship services. The ushers are responsible for meeting and greeting worshipers, providing directions and timely information, helping attendees find seating, as well as distributing bulletins and collecting the offering. Must be capable of balancing assertiveness with graciousness.
- Communion Team: The Communion servers have a privileged responsibility to prepare and distribute the elements of the Lord’s Supper, which is served on the first Sunday of every month. This ministry requires for all servers to be resident members of Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- Connections Team: Help people connect. Do you know your way around Redeemer and its many ministries? Are you a bit of an extravert? Would you enjoy helping newcomers get connected into Redeemer's West Side community? If this describes you, consider serving with our Connections teams during coffee hour (after the service).
- Book Table: The Book Table volunteers encourage the spiritual growth of the congregation by recommending literature we offer for sale. This is ideal for avid readers who are enthusiastic about Christian authors and literature and are comfortable interacting with others one-on-one. Other responsibilities include setup and tear down, managing money, and keeping track of inventory. This is a once-per-month commitment.
- Info Table: Information Table volunteers seek to facilitate the connection between visitors and the church after each worship service by providing more information regarding Redeemer, its vision, ministries, events and opportunities to get into community.
Requirements to serve
While you prayerfully consider connecting to Redeemer’s community of volunteers, please consider the following commitments:
- Please commit to serve for one year of once-a-month service. (That’s a dozen times a year.)
- If you cannot attend the Sunday you are scheduled to serve, please find your own replacement. (Don’t worry, we have a system for this.)
- Attend a volunteer training session within your first year of serving. You will receive dates and reminders of when to register.
How we serve you
While the Sunday Service Teams seek ways to better serve the congregation, the staff seeks better ways of serving you, the volunteers.
We hope you will take advantage of our numerous fellowship opportunities throughout the year, including free weekly mp3 sermon subscription (available after serving three months), invites to the West Side Ministry Summits, team socials and more.
Sign up to serve