Thank you for your interest in helping serve the families of Redeemer! We seek to provide the best care for our children through a solid team of volunteers. Here are some words from a few of our volunteers:
"The Children's ministry has been a great way to serve the Redeemer community. Whatever your commitment level, it's a fun and extremely valuable way of building into the lives of the children at Redeemer. And it's also a great way to get more involved in the Redeemer body as a whole. I highly recommend it!" – John Kim, East Side volunteer
"From the moment I walk in the door and see the kids playing, smiling and laughing with such innocence and not a care in the world, my own heart is lifted of its burden of having to be an adult. I am reminded that there's more to life than work and checking things off the to-do list – there is joy as exemplified by these kids; their joy becomes my joy. It has been a true privilege to be a part of these kids' lives. Plus, I love being called "Mr. Neal" – that is the cutest thing in the world." – Neal Winterhof, West Side volunteer
Why volunteer with the Children’s Ministry?
• Invested: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
• Called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifting.
• Equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills & experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
• Needed: We have doubled in how many children attend Redeemer in the last several years. WE NEED YOU!
• Community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allow for deeper community. A parent expressed that the community of volunteers in the Children’s Ministry help their family to stay in the city.
In order to best equip our volunteers and ensure the safety of all, we have the following application process:
1. You can express your interest either by completing the form below or contacting Amy Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Once the staff has been notified of your interest, you will receive an email with the application attached.
3. Please fill out the application and email it to Amy Alexander. You will then be contacted so that a visit to a class of your choice can be arranged.
4. You are required to complete an application and provide three references before joining a volunteer team.
5. When your application information is received, an interview will be arranged, your references will be contacted, and a background check will be done.
6. Once approved, you will be placed on a volunteer team.
7. You will need to attend one of our Volunteer Orientations and the annual training in September.
Expectations we have for our Volunteers
• Completion of the application process as explained above
• TEAMS: Once you join the Children’s Ministry you are placed on a team. You serve with your team every other week in the same classroom. This is to build deeper community with your teammates and with the children.
• Nursery Parents are asked to volunteer at minimum three times a year.
To select your three Sundays go here: http://myaccount.redeemer.com/fm/nursery
• We count on you. Promptness and appropriate preparation are required.
• Adherence to Children's Ministry policies: http://download.redeemer.com/pdf/cm-policies-and-procedures.pdf
So, what can you expect from us?
• Free annual MP3 subscription or free CD on the Sunday you serve
• Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families
• Service and training opportunities
• Prayer from Redeemer’s prayer team for our volunteer team
• Most importantly: JOY knowing you are impacting the lives of children for all eternity!
SIGN-UP NOW to join the Children's Ministry Team!