To build a great city for all peoplethrough a gospel movement that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice and cultural renewal to New York and, through it, to the world.
1. Strengthen Redeemer
- Permanent space is required for ministry stability and flexible
- Church planting needs to increase scale
- New ministries will first resource Redeemer, then all churches
2. Create a movement of churches
- New churches are the best way to attract new people; and only a multitude of churches will reach all the diverse people in a city
- City-wide ministries will equip churches with excellent ministry quality through training and economies of scale
- Redeemer can lead and align these churches with the same vision and core values
3. Build a counter-culture for the common good
- Christians renew the culture not by 'taking over' a city in power, but by living in the city and serving its common good, integrating their faith and work in the public sphere.
4. Renew global cities
- Cities are the influence centers of every culture. As the city goes, so goes the culture. New York is the most influential city of all
5. Renew the World
- This is the purpose of the church: to preach a live out the gospel in a way that transforms all creation
Mark 13:10; Matthew 24:14